Additional Sharp Zaurus SL-Cx Tips/Info
"Simple" tips for novices - these are things I had to search the web and forums to figure out how to do, YMMV.
Original list here
- #19   -   How to run a script/program from an icon. For a (feeble) example, I had Qashmoney in internal memory and after each update would use tkcExplorer to copy the database files to my CF to have 'rescue' info in case my C700 died. I decided I'd like to do this from an icon. OK, so:
(Note: You can use the Tab Setting program to replace steps 4 & 5)
- Create a file (e.g. qmback.sh) as follows:
cp /home/zaurus/qm*db /mnt/cf/qmbackup
- Run chmod +x on the file (qmback.sh)
- Put the file (qmback.sh) in /opt/Qtpalmtop/bin
- Create a qmback.desktop file in /home/QtPalmtop/apps/Applications as follows:
Comment = qmback
Exec = qmback.sh
Icon = qmback    (the name of any png icon in the /home/QtPalmtop/pics subdirectory)
Name = Qmback
- Reboot and you get an icon for a 'program' Qmback in your Applications tab.
- #20   -   To change your start up screen (during the boot process) replace the Startup_screen.bmp file in /hdd2/QtPalmtop/pics144 (on the SL-C3000)
- #21   -   Keep your files secure via BestCrypt... Info here.
© SNi 04/22/06