OPED33 Saddam or Bust
The military has many, many, acronyms for its weapons systems e.g. THAAD - Theater High Altitude Area Defense, etc. For the upcoming war with Iraq here are a few (tongue in cheek) additional acronyms that might be used:
- SADDAM - Search And Destroy Defense Attack Munition - a fire-and-forget, multi-sensor, smart munition designed to detect and destroy defense countermeasures.
- UDAY - Ultra Dense Anti-tank Yttrium Laser - anti-tank weapon.
- QUSAY - Quick Insertion Unit/Standard Airborne Deployment
- MOTHER - Mobile Tactical High Explosive Riposte - for anti-armor use in the "mother of all battles."
- AZIZ - Active Zero-Intact Zone - 'kill' zone slated for destruction, still on active target list.
- TIKRIT - Theater Iraq Key Resource Intelligence Target - Iraqi C3I target.
- BAGHDAD - Battle Area Group HQ Delete and Destroy - targeted Iraqi command & control headquarters.
- TIGRIS - Tactical Integrated Ground Intelligence System - a battlefield intelligence system.
© SNi 03/11/03